Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) Product Description
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) also known as Dichloroethane is a chemical compound product that in the industry is commonly known as EDC, this is a colorless liquid with a chloroform-like odor.
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) is mainly used for the production of Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) which is one of the main chemical products for the production of PVC resin.
Ethylene Dichloride or Dichloroethane is also used as the intermediate for the production of other organic compound products, and as a solvent.
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) Production Process
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) is produced through the reaction of ethylene and chlorine with iron chloride as the catalyst.
In the production process of Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) oxychlorination reactor, vent recovery, quench, phase separation, and neutralization is used and the result is the Ethylene Dichloride product.
Ethylene Dichloride Suppliers
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC ) Uses & Applications
EDC is used as a raw material for the production of Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) which is used as the intermediate material for the production of PVC resin.
– Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) is also used as the solvent in textile, metal cleaning, and adhesive industries.
– widely used for paint thinners, cleaning solvents, degreasing solvents, fuels, and disinfectants, or as their component.
– cheap, and effective solvent in general.
– Can be used as an octane booster.
– By raising the concentration of gasoline helps to raise the octane rating and prevent the engine from knocking or pinging.
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) Storage
- For transfer and storage of the EDC, workers of should be trained
- An above-ground tank must be used for the storage of Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) in high volume that has the capacity of 150% to keep the high quality of the Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) product
- Tank storage must be cleaned, water tested, drained, and dried for the safe storage of the EDC, also tank storage should be carefully tested for the leaks as there should be no leak in the tank storage
- Tank storage for the EDC product should meet the international standards about design and construction, like American Petroleum Institute (API) Standard 650, Welded Tanks for Oil Storage, and other known regulations and standards
- For the bulk storage of the EDC, containers should be constructed from mild, carbon, or stainless steel, and wetted metal parts like aluminum should be used for the construction
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) Safety
- Workers should be trained for the conveying and transfer of the EDC
- Appropriate personal protection equipment Should be used for the storage and transfer of the Ethylene Dichloride (EDC)
- Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) is flammable so should be away from heat, direct sunlight, and radiation must be stored in a dry and dark place
- Wear enough and appropriate eye care and skin care products when working with EDC product
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) Price
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) also with the name of Dichloroethane is composed of different petrochemical products and different factors determine Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) price per ton.
factors that affect and determine Ethylene Dichloride prices:
1. Petroleum Prices Every Day
2. World Inflation
3. Ethylene & Chlorine Prices
4. World Economic Growth
5. Demand For the PVC Resin
6. Workers’ Wages in The Industry
Ethylene Dichloride prices
If you are interested in knowing the latest prices per ton of Ethylene Dichloride (EDC), please contact our sales experts at Barus Golden.
Why Choosing Barus Golden as your Supplier Of The Ethylene Dichloride (EDC)
- Ethylene Dichloride is produced in one of Barus holding plants. We can produce EDC with different purity for different uses
- Barus has a vast and sophisticated supply chain that supplies your Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) exactly at the right time you need it, and the location you want it
- We are among the most trusted suppliers of the Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) as we have a 24/7 dedicated customer service team for building a strategic supplying partnership with you
- Barus is Ethylene Dichloride manufacturers with the highest quality and the best prices
- Barus Golden’s over ten years of international supplying of the different chemical and petrochemical products shows our commitment as a leading supplier of the Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) in the industry
- Timing is key, that’s why we are your key supplier of the Ethylene Dichloride (EDC)
How To Buy Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) From Barus Golden
You can use these different contact methods to buy Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) from Barus Golden:
- Fill out the contact form on the Barus Golden website, enter your information and our sales team will contact you
- You can place your orders for Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) using WhatsApp of the Barus Golden
- Phone numbers mentioned on the website, please call our sales team at Barus Golden, our sales experts will guide you about the process of the buying Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) for your company + receive our free consultation
At Barus Golden, we believe in a win-win partnership, we are your reliable and strategic supplier of the Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) that covers all countries of the world using our extensive and modern supply chain facilities, and our customizable packaging and transportation options according to your company needs and requests.